Friday, December 1, 2017

Llama LOve CTD471

Occasionally, when you see something that inspires you,
 you know exactly what card you're going to make.
This is the case with the current Color Throwdown.
When I saw the lovely metallic colors, this card popped into my head.


For this card I use the new llama Delivery Stamp Set from Newton's Nook Design.
I started with craft paper, a die from my stash, and decided to reverse-engineer the card.
  Stamping my stamp on the craft paper, 
I used the colors in the challenge to color in my llama first.
Moving on to the background, I use the Starfield Stencil
from Newton's Nook Design with some Tarnished Brass Distress Paint.
 Although the color says its Brass it looks gold in the light or when photographed.
I did things a little different, I covered the stencil with paint and pressed paper on the stencil.
When I pulled the paper slowly from the stencil,
I discovered the cool distressed background it created.
I assembled all the pieces of the card onto some gray cardstock, added a sentiment, and I was done!
I am in love with the final look of the card,
and I hope that it encourages you to try something different.
Thanks for stopping, link to the Throwdown below.
 Diane








No comments:

Post a Comment